- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- ½ cup Secret Sauce
- 3 medium Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard, mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, and hot sauce. Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Shape ground beef into 6 oval patties.
- In a medium cast-iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and golden brown, approximately 35 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat. Remove patties from skillet; wipe out skillet.
- Layer 1 bread slice with 1 tablespoon Secret Sauce, 2 to 3 tablespoons caramelized onions, 1 slice cheese, 1 patty, and another 1 tablespoon Secret Sauce. Top with another bread slice. Repeat with remaining bread, Secret Sauce, caramelized onions, cheese, and patties.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Working in batches, cook sandwiches, flipping once, until golden brown and heated through, approximately 3 minutes per side. Add remaining butter to skillet as needed.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!
#Patty #Melts #Secret #Sauce
4/ 5Oleh tribunews.m