This easy Homemade Queso Dip is loaded with 2 savory cheeses, beef, pale ale, Rotel tomatoes, black beans, and fresh cilantro.
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes optional
- 3/4 cup Pale Ale or your favorite kind of beer
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 14.5 oz. can Rotel Tomatoes partially drained
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large, high-walled skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble the ground meat, adding in desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Once it’s nice and brown, drain any excess grease, toss in the crushed red pepper flakes and add the beer. Let the beer reduce for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the cheese and let it melt and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once the cheese is melted, stir in the beans, red onions, and cilantro. Add the tomatoes and some of the juice from the can, only if you want it to be a little thinner in consistency. If you've already reached your desired level of thickness, don't add any juice.
Crock Pot Instructions
- Brown the meat and drain the grease first, then add all remaining ingredients. Heat on high for 2 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
- This is the Crock Pot that I have which allows you to sear meat on the stove top within the crock pot dish which eliminates cleaning an extra pan. It also automatically switches to warm if once the time is up!
*Tillamook is my preferred brand of choice.
To Garnish: I like to sprinkle some extras on top, like a few more black beans, tomatoes (or pico de gallo/salsa fresca), grated cheese, red onions, and cilantro. Not necessary, but it looks nice!
You can substitute the ground beef with hot (or regular) pork sausage with the casings removed.
Source : thecozycook
Loaded Cowboy Queso Dip #vegan #breakfast #beef #quesodip #recipe
4/ 5Oleh tribunews.m