This is a copy-cat recipe for Applebees Chicken Wonton Tacos -- a fusion dish with elements from both Mexican and Asian Cuisine.
- ? head red cabbage, sliced and chopped
- 4 small carrots, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup coleslaw dressing
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup stir-fry sauce
- 14 wonton wrappers
- Mix cabbage, carrots, coleslaw dressing, vinegar, soy sauce, and teriyaki together in a bowl; refrigerate until flavors blend, 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir ground chicken in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add stir-fry sauce, cover skillet, reduce heat to low, and simmer.
- Form wonton wrappers into taco shapes and arrange between the cups of an inverted muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm and lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons chicken mixture into each wonton taco shell and top with slaw.
- Chicken breast or turkey can be substituted for the ground chicken, if desired.
- Green cabbage can be used in place of the red cabbage.
- Plain yogurt can be used in place of the coleslaw dressing. Olive oil can replace sesame oil, if desired.
- For spicy option, use red pepper flakes as desired in meat mixture.
Source : allrecipes
Applebees Chicken Wonton Tacos
4/ 5Oleh tribunews.m