Chicken Marsala in a deliciously creamy mushroom sauce rivals any restaurant! One of the most sought after dishes served in restaurants is super fast and easy to make in your very own kitchen! A flavourful chicken dinner with plenty of sauce to serve over your sides and an authentic Italian taste!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour ((plain flour))
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, (halved horizontally to make 4 fillets*)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, (divided)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, (divided)
- Marsala Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (as needed)
- 8 ounces (250g) brown or Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, (minced)
- 3/4 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth ((or stock))
- 3/4 cup heavy cream ((thickened cream, evaporated milk or half and half may also be used)**)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Mix the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch pan or skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Fry 2 of the chicken breasts until golden-brown on both sides (about 3 to 4 minutes per side). Transfer to warm plate, tent with foil and keep warm.
- Repeat the same with the remaining 2 chicken breasts.
- In the same pan with remaining pan grease leftover from the chicken, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the mushrooms and for 2-3 minutes until browned, scraping away at any of the leftover chicken bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the Marsala and the broth and simmer until reduced by half and starting to thicken, (about 10-15 minutes).
- Pour in the cream and return the chicken back into the sauce. Cook until the sauce thickens (about 3 minutes). Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately. (The sauce will continue to thicken off the heat.)
- Serve over cooked angel hair pasta (or pasta of choice), rice, potatoes, cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles, if desired.
Source ; thedirtygyro
Easy Creamy Chicken Marsala
4/ 5Oleh tribunews.m